Celebrating 21 Years with 21 Random Facts



Romper: GAP
Heels: Steve Madden 



Hey everyone! Today happens to be my 21st birthday and I decided that I would post 21 random facts about me. I definitely have grown over the last few years and I am more than excited for this upcoming year. I'm not really excited to turn 21 because I can now drink at some of my favorite restaurants. I'm excited to turn 21 because this is the year that I graduate from college and I will be working in a field that I have been longing to do for years. This is the year that signifies large life changes and I am slightly terrified and slightly excited for what is yet to come.


I'll finally get into the main intention of this post below:

1. My name means 'song' in latin and my online latin teacher loved to acknowledge that in every class.

2. One of my main childhood passions involved singing in front of a church congregation but I hardly sing now.

3. Growing up, I often played main villains in all of the musicals I participated in besides my seventh grade year. I was finally able to switch it up and play Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

4. The first sport I learned how to play was basketball when I was four.

5. Despite playing basketball for eight years, I'm still terrible at it.

6. Tennis is my favorite sport I've ever played. I love being able to do my own thing but be surrounded by my teammates and supporters.

7. Some of my college best friends have come from tennis.

8. I am a HUGE superhero and Harry Potter fanatic!

9. My dad has raised my sister and I alone for the last 16 years and we owe all of our nerd lifestyles to him!

10. I collect Funko Pops and I have a collection of over 200 of them. Sometimes I feel like I have alternate personas because I am a collector and a blogger.

11. My favorite movie series of all time is the Princess Diaries. I love Anne Hathaway so much!

12. My favorite tv show is Reign! I love the entire background of the show and I love the actress that plays Queen Mary (Adelaide Kane) so much! I can watch the entire series on repeat!

13. I've struggled with anxiety since I was 5 but owe the progress that I've made towards overcoming it to my family, best friends, and Ethan.

14. Ethan and I have already made a ton of plans for our future home already even though we won't be able to purchase one until 2021.

15. My childhood dog, Dallas, is the carbon copy of me in dog form!

16. One of my favorite places to travel to on my birthday is the zoo. We plan on going there for my 21st birthday!

17. I will always be a fan of young adult novels because the plots of the books are always wild.

18. My dream job is to work for a Fortune 500 apparel corporation in their marketing or merchandising departments.

19. I secretly want to start a YouTube channel but I feel like no one would enjoy any of the content. I honestly think that no one reads this blog but I just use it as a platform to vent.

20. I love to go shopping but have an increasing fear of shopping malls so I often settle for online shopping in order to have a worry free experience.

21. I spent my nap times in kindergarten teaching myself how to tie my shoes and would often get in trouble for not sleeping.


If you have made it this far, gold stars for you! I know that these are in no particular order and all over the place but I hope that they are remotely interesting.

For anyone that has looked back on the history of this blog, you will realize that my first post was on my 15th birthday in 2013. I've been writing on this goofy blog for about six years which seems like forever ago. Even if this is the first post you've ever came across on my blog, I can't thank you enough for stopping by! This blog is a creative outlet from my daily life and every little view encourages me to keep doing this.

Thank you for stopping by on my random 21st birthday blog post. I hope you all have a good weekend and I will see you back on this blog sometime next week!

With love,

Carmen xx 

No comments